Hornady® 300 Blackout Subsonic Ammunition is designed for accuracy and performance below the speed of sound. The new 190 gr Sub-X™ (Subsonic – eXpanding) bullet features a lead core. Long grooves in its gilding metal jacket combine with the bullet’s flat profile and the patented Flex Tip® insert within its hollowpoint cavity to help it expand reliably at low velocities.
Performance of the Hornady® 300 Blackout Subsonic load meets or exceeds FBI Protocol terminal ballistic test requirements.
- Sub-X Bullet Technology:In addition to its patented Flex Tip®, long grooves in the gilding metal jacket of the 190 gr Sub-X™ combine with the bullet’s flat profile to ensure expansion. The Sub-X™ features a lead core and a cannelure for a positive case crimp for use in semi-automatics.
- Proven Performance:Performance of 300 Blackout Subsonic meets or exceeds FBI Protocol terminal ballistic test requirements. Impact velocity of 1,020 fps into ballistic gelatin provides 16-18” penetration and 90%+ weight retention.
- Silent and Stealthy: Hornady® Subsonic Ammunition doesn’t have the loud report of a supersonic round, and paired with a suppressor, it’s even quieter. Unique powders optimized for subsonic use result in a low flash signature, ideal for either suppressed or unsuppressed performance.
- Caliber: 300 Blackout
- Bullet Weight: 190 gr
- Product Line: Subsonic
- Bullet Type: Sub-x
- Muzzle Velocity: 1050 fps
- Muzzle Energy: 465 ft/lb
- Quantity: 20 rounds per box